Robert Hebbel Medicine Research Day Previous Events
Previous Research Day Events
Save the Date - Please mark your calendar for Research Day which will be held on Thursday, April 27, 2017
Years 2000 - 2016
Years 2000 - 2016
2016 | Susan M. Wolf, MD
"The Challenge of Developing Best Practices for Translational Medicine: Return of Results & Incidental Findings in Genomics"
2015 | Peter Igarashi, MD
"Polycystic Kidney Disease: A Model Ciliopathy"
2014 | Peter Agre, MD
“Opening Doors Worldwide Through Medical Science”
2013 | Mark Anderson, MD, PhD
“Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome and the genetic control of immune tolerance”
2011 | Andrew I. Schafer, MD
Chairman, Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College | The E. Hugh Luckey Distinguished Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College Physician-in-Chief, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell
“The Vanishing Physician-Scientist?” 2011 Photos
2010 | Richard A. King, MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine, Director of Faculty Development, Office of Faculty Affairs, Medical School, University of Minnesota
"The Intrigue of Genetics in Medicine" 2010 Photos
2009 | Antony Rosen, MD
Mary Betty Stevens Professor of Medicine, Director, Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
"Human Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases: The Key is in the Human"
2008 | Robert Siliciano, MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine, Director of MDPHD Program of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine & Investigator of Howard Hughes Medical Institute
"Control of HIV Replication: Identification of a Missing Dimension in the Drug and Vaccine Efficacy"
2007 | David A. Schwartz, MD, MPH
Director, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH
"Environmental Genomics and Complex Human Diseases"
2006 | Dr. Karl Nath
Program Director, Clinician Investigator Training Program, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
Professor, Division of Nephrology, Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Medical School
"Mentoring and Biomedical Research: a Personal Perspective"
2005 | Dr. Joseph Bonventre
Robert H. Ebert Professor of Molecular Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Director, Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology Director, Renal Division, Brigham and Women's Hospital
"Acute Kidney Injury: From Zebrafish to the Patient "
2004 | Dr. Barry Coller
David Rockefeller Professor of Medicine
Head, Laboratory of Blood and Vascular Biology
Vice President for Medical Affairs
Physician-in-Chief The Rockefeller University
"Translational Research: The Best Of Times"
2003 | Martin Blaser, MD
Departments of Medicine and Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine
"Evolution of Helicobacter pylori Diversity in Individual Hosts"
1999 | James Kazura, MD
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University
"Pathogenesis and Genetics of Human Malaria"
1998 | Philip Leder, MD
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School
"Cancer: An Unfortunate Genetic Collaboration"
Faculty Awards for Outstanding Research Contribution Recipients
Years 2001 - 2009
Years 2001 - 2009
Research Day 2009
- Inderjit Anand, Basic Research - HCMC
- Hassan Ibrahim, Clinical Research - UMMC
- Paul Pentel, Basic Research - HCMC
Research Day 2008
- Conrad Iber, Clinical Research - HCMC
- Thomas Kottke, Health Services - Regions Hospital
- Dennis Niewoehner, Clinical Trials - MVAHCS
- Ken Weir, Basic Research - MVAHCS
Research Day 2007
- Bradley Bart, Cardiology - HCMC
- Steven Goldsmith, Cardiology - HCMC
- Douglas Yee, Hematology, Oncology & Transplatation - UMMC
Research Day 2006
- Keith Henry, Infectious Diseases - HCMC
- Richard King, Genetics - UMMC
- Kristin Nichol, General Internal Medicine - MVAHCS
Research Day 2005
- Peter Bitterman, Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care, & Sleep Medicine - UMMC
- Allan Collins, Nephrology - HCMC
- John Marini, Pulmonary and Critical Care - Regions Hospital
Research Day 2004
- Frank Lederle, General Internal Medicine - MVAHCS
- Cliff Steer, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition - UMMC
Research Day 2003
- Robert Bache, Cardiology, UMMC
- Ed Janoff, Infectious Diseases, MVAHCS
Research Day 2002
- Kristine Ensrud, General Internal medicine - MVAHCS
- Bertram Kasiske, Nephrology - HCMC
- Jeffrey Miller, Hematology, Oncology, & Transplantation - UMMC
Research Day 2001
- Anne Joseph, General Internal Medicine - MVAHCS
- Daniel Mueller, Rheumatic & Autoimmune Diseases - UMMC
- Hamid Rabb, Nephrology - HCMC
- Timothy Schacker, Infectious Diseases & International Medicine - UMMC