In-Person Global Health Course
Offered each May in Minneapolis, Minnesota, our four-week in-person global health course provides intensive training ideal for any physician or healthcare provider who serves a global mobile population, such as immigrants, refugees or international travelers. One of only 17 courses offered worldwide, ours is the only program of its kind offered in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The in-person course is comprised of didactic lectures, case presentations, classroom discussions, simulation scenarios and laboratory sessions.
- Medical students, resident physicians, and fellows
- Local, national and international practicing and retired physicians
- Graduate nursing students, registered nurses, licensed nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants, veterinarians, public health professionals and active United States military personnel
- Describe how to recognize and treat tropical infectious illnesses.
- Demonstrate how to deliver high-quality clinical care in resource limited settings.
- Identify possible ethical considerations in the care of mobile populations or care of patients in low-resource settings.
- Describe practical clinical skills and laboratory skills required in order to deliver patient care in a variety of settings.
Although not required, it is recommended that all seven courses of the Clinical Tropical Medicine & Online Global Health Curriculum be completed prior to participating in the live course.
Regular Rate: $950/week
For Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and other health care providers
Discount Rate: $550/week
For Medical trainees, including medical students, residents and fellows outside the U of M Global Medicine Pathway; retirees; active U.S. military personnel; health professionals from developing countries as defined by WHO; and University of Minnesota Global Medicine Pathway faculty
Complete Package: on or before April 30, 2019: $7,250
Complete Package: on or after May 1, 2019: $7,550
Includes up to 4 weeks of the annual In-Person Global Health Course, Complete Online Global Health Curriculum, and the U of M ASTMH CTropMed® Online Exam Review
Preapproved, full-time CDC employees are eligible for a discounted rate; contact the course director at email@example.com for information.
Institutions and Organizations
5-20% discounts are available for volume purchases. Learn more about pricing for institutions and organizations.
Dates of course
May 6-31, 2019
Interested in CTropMed® certification?
Participation in the in-person course partially fulfills the hands-on requirements to sit for the biannual American Society of Travel Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH) examination that leads to a Certificate of Knowledge in Clinical Tropical Medicine and Travelers' Health (CTropMed®).
Read more about CTropMed® requirements.