IMG Program (BRIIDGE)
Education Manager: Emily Langerak
CIH Site Director: Mike Westerhaus, MD
Phone (cell): 617-869-2908
UMM-FV and Ridges Site Director: Hope Pogemiller, MD
HP Brooklyn Center Site Director: Salah Maalim, MD
Phone (cell): 612-607-2458
CUHCC Site Director: Aarti Bhatt
Phone: (cell) 920-905-0570
The BRIIDGE program - Bridge to Residency for Immigrant International Doctor Graduates through clinical Experience - is a 9-month program that aims to help international medical graduates develop the skills necessary to become successful residents in the United States medical system.
To be eligible to participate in the BRIIDGE program, potential applicants must meet the following requirements:
- MD degree or international equivalent
- ECFMG Certification
- Passing score on USMLE Steps 1 & 2 within 3 attempts
- Born outside the United States
- Now resides permanently in the United States as a citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Has resided in Minnesota for at least 2 years by time of application
- Did not enter the United States on a J1 or similar nonimmigrant visa following acceptance into a United States medical residency or fellowship program.
To learn more and begin the application process, visit the Minnesota Department of Health website.
Current participants can find the program manual here.
Current participants, faculty, and staff (2019)
Past participants (2018)