About Global Medicine
We are committed to improving the health of individuals and communities globally.
We are engaged in global health teaching, research, and clinical care which is values based and which improves the health of individuals and communities in Minnesota and the world.
We value compassion, excellence and equity for all, with a focus on the disenfranchised.
Global Medicine provides educational opportunities for health care trainees and practicing providers - all with the goal of improving the care of patients in or from LMIC (low- and middle-income countries).
By the numbers, Global Medicine (formerly Global Health Medicine) highlights include:
- Formally established in 2005, we are one of the longest running Global Medicine pathways
- 115 graduates working in global health worldwide
- 30 global medicine core faculty who have dedicated their lives to global health
- 11 international rotation sites on 4 continents for residents
- 10 new residents trained every academic year
- Online education program with 300+ hours of provider content
- In-person course that has trained has trained more than 200 community healthcare providers