Global Health Pathway for Residents
The Global Health Medicine Pathway is for residents in the internal medicine, medicine-pediatrics and medicine-dermatology residency programs. The Global Health Medicine program consists of over 35 faculty, two chief residents, and approximately 50 residents from the internal medicine, medicine-pediatrics and medicine-dermatology residency programs. More than 80 residents have completed international rotations through our partner sites since 2000.
Why join the Pathway?
The pathway offers a number of opportunities and benefits such as:
- Connection with global health faculty mentors from the surrounding community
- Access to global health communities at the University of Minnesota
- Free access to online and in-person courses
- Sponsored membership to the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Priority scheduling for international rotations and continuity clinic