Internal Medicine Residency Program Scholarly Activity
An important part of residency training is scholarly activity. Our program supports this by providing 5 days a year for academic leave and $600 a year for academic expenses.
A sampling of possible experiences:
- Participating in clinical, educational, or basic science research
- Presenting an interesting clinical case at fall MN ACP
- Presenting a poster at U of MN Research Day in the spring
- Attending workshops or presenting at Midwest SGIM (Society for General Internal Medicine), held every fall in Chicago, or CGEA (Central Group on Educational Affairs), held every spring at a Midwest location (last year, Madison WI)
- Publishing a case report, abstract, or original research