HealthPartners University Avenue Clinic
HealthPartners University Ave Clinic is a community-based clinic. Currently, there are 7 internal medicine physicians and 2 internal medicine/pediatric physicians all of whom have robust and diverse practices. The clinic serves not only the local community but also many group homes and other care facilities in the area. The University Avenue clinic is a multi-payor clinic with a large population of patients on Medical Assistance and Medicare. As most of our physicians initially were employees of the county health system we serve a disproportionate population of patients with mental illness. The physicians are all dedicated to teaching and enjoy passing on their knowledge regarding complex patient care to the future generations of doctors.
Sarah D’Heilly, MD Khoula Sikander, MD
Kelly Frisch, MD Paula Skarda, MD
Hannah Lichtsinn, MD Sarah Yamaguchi, MD
Loretta Pfannes, MD Bryan Warren, MD
Angela Medina, MD
HealthPartners University Avenue Clinic serves a diverse population of patients within the greater Twin Cities area. Originally located within Regions Hospital, the original mission of the clinic was to serve the underprivileged within the county hospital system. In 1997, HealthPartners purchased Ramsey Hospital and it became a private hospital, Regions Hospital, while maintaining the mission to care for all those in the community no matter what their financial status. Because of our history, UAC has a diverse patient population made up of Medicaid and Medicare as well as fully insured patients. We enjoy a balance of patients from all walks of life and it is a privilege to care for those in our community.
Adult primary care, utilizing care model process with a team approach to patient care
Providers with expertise
Virtually all staff physicians have been chief residents and have been involved in teaching residents since leaving residency. Our staff fill a variety of roles within the organization from program directors to heads of credentialing. We work in clinic, attend in the hospital, TCU and nursing homes. We are leaders in Quality improvement for the organization and are consistently named top clinic for patient satisfaction.
On-site we have lab, X-ray, ultrasound, and pharmacy. We also have extended services including diabetes education, MTM pharmacy, and psychotherapy.
Most importantly to the residents who call UAC home, we have food trucks during the spring and summer months which serve a variety of delicious foods and make our clinic unique and fun to work at.
Resident Continuity Clinic
Residents are highly valued members of our care team. They can expect the following from their clinical experience at UAC…
- Preceptors who have spent their entire careers teaching and who stay current on medical literature and evidence-based medicine.
- Opportunity to provide primary care for a diverse population of patients-many with chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, ischemic cardiomyopathy, and COPD. In addition, you will care for young and healthy patients whom you will be able to provide preventive care for in addition to future counseling on lifestyle issues and how to prevent chronic medical problems.
- Competence in providing acute and chronic care in addition to becoming experts on preventative care and how to utilize your care team to improve the health of your population of patients.
- Competence in how to run an efficient clinic. We pride ourselves on helping all physicians develop skills which will help them manage a practice and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Didactics on how to care for common problems within a primary care practice
- QI projects that will be implemented within our medical group and improve care for our entire community.