Expectations of Hematology T32 Trainees:
- Conducting research: trainees are expected to spend 75% (Heme/Onc MD fellows) or 100% (non-MD fellows) time conducting research during their training years.
- Payback year: the NIH requires a payback year in service after the first year of support on the grant. Typically a second year on the grant fulfills this requirement.
- Coursework and training activities: a full complement of required and individualized training activities are designed for each trainee with input of mentor and program director.
- Publication: trainees are expected to submit at least one publication by the end of their first year of training, and additional publications in following years.
- Grant submission: trainees are expected to submit at least one grant annually in their second and third year.
- Presentation: Trainees are required to present:
- Locally - in HOT Division’s Garibaldi Research Conference or other conference identified as appropriate (annually)
- Nationally - trainees are expected to submit abstracts to national meetings and if successful, present (travel funds are available)