Apply for the Hematology Medical Oncology Fellowship Program
The Fellowship Training Program accepts applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and offers positions through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Once your completed application has been reviewed, we will contact you regarding its status and the possibility of a visit to our institution for interviews with the program's faculty.
We will begin accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year beginning July 15, 2018 and our interview period will run September-October 2018.
|IMPORTANT DATES||STEPS IN APPLICATION PROCESS|
|July 6, 2019||Applications can begin being submitted electronically|
|August 15, 2019||Deadline for receipt of completed application|
|Sept.- Oct. 2019||Interviews conducted, applications evaluated|
|November 15, 2019||Rank order list certification deadline|
|December 2019||Match results released|
|July 1, 2020||Start of fellowship|
Visa Sponsorship: The J-1 alien physician visa sponsored by ECFMG is the preferred visa status for foreign national trainees in all UMN graduate medical education programs; therefore, the Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship sponsors only J-1 visas. We do not sponsor H-1B visas. More information on the J-1 visa can be found on the UMN-GME webpage
How to apply
1) Visit ERAS to submit a fellowship application. The ERAS application must include the following items.
- Personal statement that includes your background, education and experience, long-term goals, and areas of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (one of which should be from the director of your residency program)
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE Board Scores
- ECFMG Certificate for foreign medical graduates
2) Send the following documents directly to Mo Laschen at the address listed below.
- Notarized copies of current visa status (required for interview, not initial application)
- Any documents not accepted by ERAS (i.e., FLEX scores)
Department of Medicine
Mayo Mail Code 480
420 Delaware Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Fax: (612) 625-6919