We are a cancer research team that believes strongly in supporting community initiatives for cancer awareness, advocacy, education, and engagement of the cancer community both locally and nationally. Thus we support initiatives such as the following
Interviews with cancer researchers and oncologists on advances in cancer research:
AACR Scientist <--> Survivor Program
- Dr. Lou has served as a Scientist Mentor for this Program at the AACR (American Association for Cancer Research)
Annual Meetings in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Click here to read an interview with Dr. Lou and Cancer Today's full coverage of the Scientist-Survivor Program at the annual meeting.
- Invited guest on Breast Cancer Social Media (#bcsm) blog for updates from #AACR15
Community Outreach and Presentations
- Presentation on “Recent Advances in Cancer Research” at the Roseville Rotary Club’s Rotary Health Day. April 21, 2014.
- Grant reviewer for community group applications to the UMN CTSI Office of Community Engagement for Health (OCEH).
- Dr. Lou participated in the AACR/ABC News Live Stream Chat on “Breakthroughs in Cancer Research” from the 2015 Annual Meeting.
Read Article | Watch Video
- Article on Dr. Lou’s panel discussion at the Professional Advancement Session on Social Media for Scientists at the 2015 AACR Annual Meeting. Read Article.