Compensation & Benefits
Stipend 2015 - 2016
- PGY 4 $56,892
- PGY 5 $59,081
- PGY 6 $61,155
- PGY 7 $63,111
- Four weeks paid vacation per year
- Discounted access to state-of-the-art U of M recreational facilities, including Olympic-sized swimming pool, basketball court, and weight facilities
- Free internet access
- Pre-tax health care reimbursement
- Pre-tax dependent care reimbursement
- Health insurance for fellows (family insurance available at additional cost)
- $25,000 life insurance policy
- Disability insurance
- Dental Insurance for fellows
- Malpractice insurance at each hospital
Parental Leave Policy
Fellows are provided with 6 weeks of paid maternity leave and 2 weeks of paid paternity leave. Fellows should notify their Program Director and Administrator as far in advance as possible of the request for personal or maternity/paternity leave.
When requesting a Leave of Absence, please consider the following:
- The ABIM allows one year of training to be interrupted by only four weeks, including vacation, sick leave, educational leave and Maternity/Paternity Leave.
- Any time off exceeding four weeks will extend your training.
- You will need to complete 36 months of training by 8/31 of the year you intend to sit for the ABIM certification exam.
If you take maternity leave (6 weeks paid) or paternity leave (2 weeks paid), consider the following:
- This leave time in addition to any vacation time could extend your training.
- Maternity Leave (6 weeks paid):
4 weeks – If no vacation time was used in the year, you do not need to be make up these 4 weeks of maternity leave. And it is paid time.
2 weeks – This time will need to be made up, but it is paid time
**Anything past this will not be paid and all time over four weeks will need to be made up.
Salary Source During Maternity Leave
- The first 14 days of maternity leave, 100% of salary is paid by the U of MN
- Weeks 3-6, 30% is paid from the U of MN, 70% is from the short-term disability carrier