Nacide Ercan-Fang, MD
Medical School: Ankara University Medical School, Turkey
Fellowship: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Residency: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Medical Education research
- Diabetes outcomes based research
P: (612) 467-2085
One Veterans Drive
Medicine Office (111)
Minneapolis, MN 55417
I am an endocrinologist. My clinical and research focus in Endocrinology is on diabetes outcomes and adrenal diseases. Focus of my educational research is improving residents' research experience and incorporating residents in the Clinical Competency Committee processes. My teaching is focused on evidence-based medicine. I coordinate courses and have expertise in building curricula.
- Journal publication: Nacide Ercan-Fang, Don Rockey, Jessica Dine, Saima Chaudry, Thurayya Arayssi: Resident research experiences in internal medicine residency programs: A Nationwide survey: American Journal of Medicine, December, 2017
- E publication: R. Fisher, L. Nixon, A. Duran, M. Rothenberger, P. Skarda, B. Duffy, A.Olson, R. Danieli, E. Wetherbee, E. Lorence, K. Rank, J. Voight, A. Palmer, N. ErcanFang. An Iterative Approach to Milestone Assessments across Settings. AAIM Curated Milestone Evaluation Exhibit. http://www.im.org/p/cm/1d/fid=1392 (accessed March 22, 2016)
- Educational video: Resident engagement in the CCC. A subgroup of the AAIM CCC Collaborative Learning Community performed a multi-institution study about resident knowledge of CCC function and how residents think they could be best engaged in the CCC. A video presentation describes methods of resident engagement before, during, and after CCC meetings. http://www.im.org/p/cm/1d/fid=1565 Last accessed 12-2-2016.
- Abstracts/Workshops: How to improve resident research: AAIM Program Director meeting, 3/2018
Teaching evidence based medicine in morning reports: AAIM, chief resident meeting, 2018
- Grant support: Title: Interviewing highest functioning internal medicine residency programs to determine best practices for resident research.
Agency: Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM)
- Comparison of Case Management with and without Home Tele-monitoring in patients with diabetes. Nacide Ercan-F, Kiranjot Gural, Stephen Firestone, Emily Hagel, Brent Taylor, Areef Ishani. Presented at the American Diabetes Association annual meeting in 2014.
- Blogs, Wikis, and Apps, Oh my: Successfully meeting resident and Residency Program Technology Needs with Collaborative Media: David Ewart, Mark Tuttle, Chen Wu, Gina Huss. Sponsor: Nacide Ercan-Fang. Presented in spring APDIM meeting, 2016.
Poster/Abstracts at Professional Meetings
- Improvement of Scheduling Follow-up Appointments after hospital discharge in a Veterans Affairs hospital. T. Peeraphatdit, B. Grahan, N. Ercan-Fang, R. Danieli ,B. Yamanaka. 2016 AAMC Integrating Quality Meeting: Optimizing Care and the Clinical Learning Environment session. Long Term Effect of MOVE Intensive Weight Management Program in Obese Patients in Minneapolis VA. Sunil Gurung, Thomas S Rector, PhD, Nacide G Ercan-Fang, MD and Charles John Billington. Accepted for poster presentation (presidential poster session) In Endocrine Society Meeting, March 2016. SAT 600-624-Obesity III - Clinical and Translational.
- Adherence to Guideline Recommended Management of Newly Diagnosed Adrenal Incidentaloma at the Minneapolis VA Health Care System. Darin Ruanpeg, Taylor Drake, Tom Rector, Nacide Ercan-Fang. Accepted for poster presentation at ENDO 2016, April 1-4 in Boston, Massachusetts The use of Medical Student Focus Groups in Developing a Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship at the Minneapolis VA Health Care System and the University of Minnesota. Nacide Ercan-Fang, Susan McCarthy, Amy Candy Heinlein, MD, Archana Ramaswamy, Albertine Beard, Majka Woods, Kathleen D. Brooks, Wayne Siegel, Ph.D. Presented in the Innovations category at the national CLIC (Consortium of Longitudinal Integrated Clerkships) conference, October 2015.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
AAIM, American Diabetes Association, Endocrine Society
Diabetes, Insulin pumps, Adrenal Diseases
Internal Medicine and Endocrinology
Diabetes, Adrenal Diseases, Insulin pumps
Course Director, Minneapolis VA Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship