Application & Eligibility
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must have:
Completion or anticipated completion of an ACGME-accredited (US) Internal Medicine or Med-Peds residency program prior to fellowship.
- US citizenship, permanent resident status, or a J-1 visa. (Unfortunately, we cannot consider applicants with H-1 visas).
- Passed USMLE Steps I and II (and III if completed)
Visit ERAS to submit an Endocrinology Fellowship application. The ERAS application must include the following:
- Personal statement that includes your background, education and experience, long-term goals, and areas of interest
- Current curriculum vitae
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if you graduated from a medical school outside the United States or Canada). Graduates who are not United States Citizens or permanent residents must obtain a J-1 Visa from the Education Commission on Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) to qualify for a fellowship at the University of Minnesota
- USMLE Transcript
Invitations for interviews and self-scheduling will be offered through ERAS. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to visit the program for a personal interview with the program director, associate program director, and selected faculty. No interview will be granted without a completed application.
Three fellowships are offered each year.
Members of underrepresented backgrounds in medicine minority groups are encouraged to apply. The University of Minnesota is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Contact the fellowship coordinator, Suzanne Jimenez Revou at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.