Preventive Cardiology Faculty
- Alan Berger, MD, MPH: Merging knowledge and experience in cardiology and epidemiology, Dr. Berger cares for individual patients, and for the heart health of the general public as well. In March 2010, he became the quality and outcomes director for interventional cardiology.
- Jay Cohn, MD: Dr. Cohn is a 1956 graduate of the Cornell University Medical School, and completed his internship and residency at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston. From 1960 to 1965, he was a cardiovascular research fellow and clinical investigator at Georgetown University and the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Washington, DC. In 1965 he became the chief of hypertension and clinical hemodynamics at this VA Medical Center, and a professor of medicine at Georgetown University. Dr. Cohn joined the University of Minnesota faculty as chair of the cardiovascular division in 1974 and served in this position through 1996.
- Daniel Duprez, MD, PhD, FAHA, FACC, FESC, FASH: "My philosophy is to provide outstanding comprehensive care to patients with cardiovascular disease, including a number of emerging technologies available at the University of Minnesota Medical Center-Fairview. My practice combines state-of-the-art therapies, compassion, and effective communication, creating a working partnership that results (overall) in high quality of life for my patients."
- Alan Hirsch, MD, FACC: All patients deserve the opportunity to prevent illness and thus preserve their health; to truly know and understand their diagnosis; to be familiar with their treatment options, so that they can fully participate in health decisions; and to be empowered to establish a team of clinicians that are unified in protecting their long-term health. These promises should be fulfilled between patient and physician in a relationship characterized by empathy and trust.
- Suma Konety, MD: A graduate of Bangalore Medical College (India), Dr. Suma Konety completed internal medicine training at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and a general-cardiology fellowship at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. After completing a specialty fellowship in cardiac imaging at the University of California-San Francisco Medical Center, Dr. Konety joined the University of Minnesota faculty in 2009.