Edward Greeno, MD
Professor of Medicine
Hematologist / Oncologist
- Colon Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Lung and Esophageal Cancer
- Masonic Cancer Clinic
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota
E: Tracy Daye-Groves
P: (612) 624-5944
F: (612) 625-6919
Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation
420 Delaware Street SE, MMC 480
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Dr. Greeno received his M.D. in 1986 from Case Western Reserve University followed by internal medicine residency training and hematology subspecialty training at the University of Minnesota. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology. He served as director of Hematology/Oncology at Hennepin County Medical Center prior to recruitment at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Greeno is the Medical Director of the Masonic Cancer Clinic at the University of Minnesota. He is also Executive Medical Director of University of Minnesota Cancer Care. He has conducted numerous human trials of cancer therapeutics, including an ongoing first in human study of Minnelide, a drug developed from a natural product at the University of Minnesota for pancreatic cancer.
- Education Director, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplant (2000-2007)
- Medical Director, Anticoagulation Clinic, Hennepin County Medical Center (1995-1998)
- Division Chief, Hematology/Oncology, Hennepin County Medical Center (1997-1998)
- Medical Director, Masonic Cancer Clinic (1999-present)
- Executive Medical Director, University of Minnesota Cancer Care (2011-present)
- Mpls St. Paul Magazine "Top Doctor" (2013-2015)
- "Best Doctors for Women," Minnesota Monthly, 2014
- Best Doctors in America® (2011-2012, 2013)
- Clinical Excellence Award, University of Minnesota Medical School (2010)
- Medical Staff Award, Fairview-University Medical Center (2004, 2005)
- Minnesota Monthly "Best Doctor" (2014)
- Mitra AK, Kirstein MN, Khatri A, Skubitz KM, Dudek AZ, Greeno EW, Kratzke RA, Lamba JK. Pathway-based pharmacogenomics of gemcitabine pharmacokinetics in patients with solid tumors. Pharmacogenomics. 2012; 13(9):1009-21.
- Picozzi VJ, Abrams RA, Decker PA, Traverso W, O'Reilly EM, Greeno E, Martin RC, Wilfong LS, Rothenberg ML, Posner MC, Pisters PW; American College of Surgeons Oncology Group. Multicenter phase II trial of adjuvant therapy for resected pancreatic cancer using cisplatin, 5-fluorouracil, and interferon-alfa-2b–based chemoradiation: ACOSOG Trial Z05031. Ann Oncol. 2011 Feb;22(2):348-54.
- Bardia A, Greeno E, Miller R, Alberts S, Dozois E, Haddock M, Limburg P. Is a solitary inguinal lymph node metastasis from adenocarcinoma of the rectum really a metastasis? Colorectal Dis. 2010 Apr;12(4):312-5.
- Haddad TC, Greeno EW. Chemotherapy-induced thrombosis. Thromb Res. 2006; 118:555-68. Review. PMID: 16388837
- Knutsen A, Sielaff TD, Greeno E, Tuttle TM. Staged laparoscopic infusion of hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy after cytoreductive surgery. J Gastrointest Surg. 2006; 10:1038-43. PMID: 16843875
Tuttle TM, Zhang Y, Greeno E, Knutsen A. Toxicity and quality of life after cytoreductive surgery plus hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy. Ann Surg Oncol. 2006; 13:1627-32. PMID: 17013686
Greeno E, McCullough J, Weisdorf D. Platelet utilization and the transfusion trigger: a prospective analysis. Transfusion. 2007; 47:201-5. PMID: 17302764
Kapoor BS, Hunter DW, Greeno E, Pambuccian S, Sielaff T. Hepatic encephalopathy secondary to transtumoral portal-hepatic venous shunting. Hepatogastroenterology 2003; 50:4-7.
Bloom SH, Coad JE, Greeno EW, Ashrani AA, Hammerschmidt DE. Cholecystitis as the presenting manifestation of acute myeloid leukemia: report of a case. Am J Hematol 2002; 70:254-256.
Kosari K, Gomes M, Hunter D, Hess DJ, Greeno E, Sielaff TD. Local, intrahepatic, and systemic recurrence patterns after radiofrequency ablation of hepatic malignancies. J Gastrointest Surg 2002; 6:255-263.