Deepali Sachdev, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
E: Sandi Sherman
P: (612) 626-0671
F: (612) 625-6919
Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation
420 Delaware Street SE, MMC 480
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Dr. Sachdev is a member of the Breast Cancer Program at the University of Minnesota Cancer Center. She received her Ph.D. from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. She holds memberships in the American Association for Cancer Research and the Endocrine Society.
Areas of Expertise
- Breast cancer biology
- Breast cancer biomarkers and new targeted drug therapies
Dr. Sachdev’s research interests focus on the regulation of breast cancer biology by growth factors such as insulin-like growth factors, growth factor targeted therapy for breast cancer, and development of biomarkers for growth factor-targeted therapy. Her laboratory is examining the use of non-invasive magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy and gene array signatures to predict and monitor response to inhibition of insulin-like growth factor signaling in breast cancer cell growth and metastasis. She is also examining the mechanisms by which insulin-like growth factors regulate metastasis of breast cancer cells using animal models of metastasis and in vivo imaging.
- Sachdev D. Targeting the type I insulin-like growth factor system for breast cancer therapy. Curr Drug Targets. 2010 Sep;11(9):1121-32. Review.
- Zhang H, Fagan DH, Zeng X, Freeman KT, Sachdev D, Yee D. Inhibition of cancer cell proliferation and metastasis by insulin receptor downregulation. Oncogene. 2010 Apr 29;29(17):2517-27.
- Sachdev D, Zhang X, Matise I, Gaillard-Kelly M, Yee D. The type I insulin-like growth factor receptor regulates cancer metastasis independently of primary tumor growth by promoting invasion and survival. Oncogene. 2010 Jan 14;29(2):251-62.
- Oh S, Stish BJ, Sachdev D, Chen H, Dudek AZ, Vallera DA. A novel reduced immunogenicity bispecific targeted toxin simultaneously recognizing human epidermal growth factor and interleukin-4 receptors in a mouse model of metastatic breast carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Oct 1;15(19):6137-47.
- Zeng X, Sachdev D, Zhang H, Gaillard-Kelly M, Yee D. Sequencing of Type I insulin-like growth factor receptor inhibition affects chemotherapy response in vitro and in vivo. Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Apr 15;15(8):2840-9.
- Sachdev D. Regulation of breast cancer metastasis by IGF signaling. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia. 2008; 13: 431-41.
- Sachdev D. Drug evaluation: CP-751871, a human antibody against type I insulin-like growth factor receptor for the potential treatment of cancer. Curr Opin Mol Ther. 9(3):299-304, 2007.
- Sachdev D, Yee D. Disrupting insulin-like growth factor signaling as a potential cancer therapy. Mol Cancer Ther. 6:1-12, 2007.
- Sachdev D, Yee D. Inhibitors of insulin-like growth factor signaling: A therapeutic approach for breast cancer. J Mammary Gland Biol and Neoplasia. 11:27-39, 2006.
- Sachdev D, Singh R, Fujita-Yamaguchi Y, Yee D. Down-regulation of insulin receptor by antibodies against the type I insulin-like growth factor receptor: Implications for anti-insulin-like growth factor therapy in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 66:2391-402, 2006.