Daniel Weisdorf, MD
Professor of Medicine
Hematologist / Oncologist
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- Blood Cancer
- Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Masonic Cancer Clinic
Chicago Medical School, Chicago, IL
Michael Reese Hospital, Chicago, IL
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
E: Tracy Stanley
P: (612) 625-1110
Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation
420 Delaware Street SE, MMC 480
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Dr. Weisdorf is Chief of the Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation and Director of the Adult Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at the University of Minnesota. He serves as the Scientific Director of the National Marrow Donor Program and chairs the Acute Leukemia Committee of the International Bone Marrow Transplant Registry/Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant Registry and is the University of Minnesota Principal Investigator on the NIH-sponsored Bone Marrow Transplantation Clinical Trials Network
Dr. Weisdorf received his M.D. in 1975 from the Chicago Medical School and received Internal Medicine training at Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago. He was a Fellow at the University of Minnesota in Hematology and Medical Oncology and is Board certified in both disciplines.
Dr. Weisdorf’s clinical and research interests are in application of blood and marrow transplant therapies for hematologic malignancies as well as extensive study of the clinical complications of transplantation including opportunistic infections and graft versus host disease (GVHD).
- Director, Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinic (Adult)
- Vice President, American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation (2009)
- President, American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation (2011)
- Vice President, Worldwide Network for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (2013)
- Chief of the Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation
- Solh M, Defor TE, Weisdorf DJ, Kaufman DS. Extramedullary Relapse of Acute Myelogenous Leukemia after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: Better Prognosis Than Systemic Relapse. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2011 Jun 12. [Epub ahead of print]
- Farag SS, Maharry K, Zhang MJ, Pérez WS, George SL, Mrózek K, Dipersio J, Bunjes DW, Marcucci G, Baer MR, Cairo M, Copelan E, Cutler CS, Isola L, Lazarus HM, Litzow MR, Marks DI, Ringdén O, Rizzieri DA, Soiffer R, Larson RA, Tallman MS, Bloomfield CD, Weisdorf DJ; Acute Leukemia Committee of the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR) and Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB). Comparison of Reduced-Intensity Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation with Chemotherapy in Patients Aged 60-70 Years with Acute Myeloid Leukemia in First Remission. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2011 Jun 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Majhail NS, Brunstein CG, Shanley R, Sandhu K, McClune B, Oran B, Warlick ED, Wagner JE, Weisdorf DJ. Reduced-intensity hematopoietic cell transplantation in older patients with AML/MDS: umbilical cord blood is a feasible option for patients without HLA-matched sibling donors. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2011 May 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Betts BC, Young JA, Ustun C, Cao Q, Weisdorf DJ. Human Herpesvirus 6 Infection after Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation: Is Routine Surveillance Necessary? Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2011 Apr 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Arora M, Klein JP, Weisdorf DJ, Hassebroek A, Flowers ME, Cutler CS, Urbano-Ispizua A, Antin JH, Bolwell BJ, Boyiadzis M, Cahn JY, Cairo MS, Isola L, Jacobsohn DA, Jagasia M, Klumpp TR, Lee SJ, Petersdorf EW, Santarone S, Gale RP, Schouten HC, Spellman S, Wingard JR, Horowitz MM, Pavletic SZ. Chronic GVHD risk score: a Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research analysis. Blood. 2011 Jun 16;117(24):6714-20.
- Luger SM, Ringdén O, Zhang MJ, Pérez WS, Bishop MR, Bornhauser M, Bredeson CN, Cairo MS, Copelan EA, Gale RP, Giralt SA, Gulbas Z, Gupta V, Hale GA, Lazarus HM, Lewis VA, Lill MC, McCarthy PL, Weisdorf DJ, Pulsipher MA. Similar outcomes using myeloablative vs reduced-intensity allogeneic transplant preparative regimens for AML or MDS. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2011 Mar 28. [Epub ahead of print]
- Armenian SH, Sun CL, Francisco L, Baker KS, Weisdorf DJ, Forman SJ, Bhatia S. Health behaviors and cancer screening practices in long-term survivors of hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT): a report from the BMT Survivor Study. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2011 Mar 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Pidala J, Kurland B, Chai X, Majhail N, Weisdorf DJ, Pavletic S, Cutler C, Jacobsohn D, Palmer J, Arai S, Jagasia M, Lee SJ. Patient-reported quality of life is associated with severity of chronic graft-versus-host disease as measured by NIH criteria: report on baseline data from the Chronic GVHD Consortium. Blood. 2011 Apr 28;117(17):4651-7.
- Wudhikarn K, Brunstein CG, Bachanova V, Burns LJ, Cao Q, Weisdorf DJ. Relapse of Lymphoma after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation: Management Strategies and Outcome. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2011 Feb 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- McCormack SE, Cao Q, Oran B, Weisdorf DJ, Warlick ED. Pre-transplant consolidation chemotherapy may not improve outcomes after reduced intensity conditioning hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia in first complete remission. Leuk Res. 2011 Jan 11. [Epub ahead of print]