Celalettin Ustun, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Hematologist / Oncologist
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- Blood Cancer
- Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Masonic Cancer Clinic
Ankara University Medical School, Turkey
Brody Medical School at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC (Internal Medicine)
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta GA (Hematology/Oncology); Ankara University Medical School, Turkey (Hematology)
E: Barbara Porwit
P: (612) 624-5620
F: (612) 625-6919
Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation
420 Delaware Street SE, MMC 480
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Dr. Ustun received internal medicine training at East Carolina University followed by training in Hematology and Oncology at the Medical College of Georgia. He joined the faculty at the University of Minnesota in 2010.
Committee and Administrative Service
•American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Scientific Program Leukemia, Myelodysplasia, and Transplantation Committee (3/2013- present).
•Cancer Therapeutic Network Bone Marrow Transplantation (CTN BMT) Pharmacy Committee (2/2011-present
•BMT Working Committee at Alliance (3/2012-present)
Dr. Ustun is a medical oncologist and hematologist with a clinical interest in hematologic malignancies and hematopoietic cell transplant. His research interest is in the conduct of clinical trials and the characterization of infectious complications of hematologic malignancy care.
- Ustun C, Bachanova V, Shanley R, Macmillan ML, Majhail NS, Arora M, Brunstein C, Wagner JE, Weisdorf DJ. Importance of Donor Ethnicity/Race Matching in Unrelated Adult and Cord Blood Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. LEUK LYMPHOMA. 2013 May 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ustun C, Lazarus HM, Weisdorf D. To transplant or not: a dilemma for treatment of elderly AML patients in the twenty-first century. BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT. 2013 May 6. doi: 10.1038/bmt.2013.67. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lunde LE, Chuang C, Linden MA, Williams SA, Sachs Z, Cayci Z, Young JA, Ustun C. Lethal small bowel necrosis due to aspergillosis during acute promyelocytic leukemia induction. AM J HEMATOL. 2013;88(4):329-32.
- Wiernik A, Sperr WR, Weisdorf D, Valent P, Ustun C. Does high-dose cytarabine cause cumulative toxicity in patients undergoing consolidation therapy for acute myeloid leukemia? AM J HEMATOL. 2013 Mar 22. doi: 10.1002/ajh.23440. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available.
- Ustun C, Savage NM, Gotlib J, Bhalla K, Manaloor E, George TI. Systemic mastocytosis with associated clonal hematological non-mast-cell lineage disease: A case review. AM J HEMATOL. 2012;87(2):191-3. doi: 10.1002/ajh.22208. Epub 2011 Nov 12. No abstract available.
- Linden MA, Bachanova V, Sachs Z, Young JA, Singleton TP, Ustun C. Transformed large B-cell lymphoma in rituximab-allergic patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia after allogeneic stem cell transplant: successful treatment with ofatumumab. LEUK LYMPHOMA. 2013;54(1):174-6.
- Bollag RJ, Sterett M, Reding MT, Key NS, Cohn CS, Ustun C. Response of complex immune-mediated thrombocytopenia to romiplostim in the setting of allogeneic stem cell transplantation for chronic myelogenous leukemia. EUR J HAEMATOL. 2012;89(4):361-4.
- Ustun C, Slabý J, Shanley RM, Vydra J, Smith AR, Wagner JE, Weisdorf DJ, Young JA. Human parainfluenza virus infection after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: risk factors, management, mortality, and changes over time. BIOL BLOOD MARROW TRANSPLANT. 2012;18(10):1580-8.
- Shune L, Cayci Z, Rogosheske J, Brunstein C, Ustun C. Extramedullary blastic crisis in abdominal lymph nodes in a patient with chronic myelogenous leukemia on imatinib. LEUK RES. 2012;36(6):e131-2.
- Ustun C, Miller JS, Munn DH, Weisdorf DJ, Blazar BR. Regulatory T cells in acute myelogenous leukemia: is it time for immunomodulation? BLOOD. 2011;118(19):5084-95.