Besty Kren, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine
P: (612) 625-8999
F: (612) 625-5620
P: Main Scheduling Line: (612) 672-7000
P: Physician Referral Line: (612) 672-7575
W: Gastroenterology Clinic
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
406 Harvard Street SE, Room V366 VFW Bldg, MMC 36
Minneapolis, MN 55455
University of Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota
Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa
•American Society for Microbiology
•American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
•American Society for Gene Therapy
•International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- Recent Publications
- Kren BT, Yin W, Key NS, Hebbel RP, Steer CJ. BOEC as a vehicle for transgene delivery of hepatocyte secreted proteins via Sleeping Beauty. Endothelium 14:97-104, 2007.
- Park CW, Park J, Kren BT, Steer CJ. Sleeping Beauty transposition in the mouse genome is associated with changes in DNA methylation at the site of insertion. Genomics, 88:204-213, 2006.
- Sola S, Amaral JD, Castro RE, Ramalho RM, Borralho PM, Kren BT, Steer CJ, Rodrigues CMP. Nuclear traffic of UDCA via the glucocorticoid receptor is essential for inhibiting TGF-?1-induced apoptosis of rat hepatocytes. Hepatology, 42:925-934, 2005.
- Park CW, Kren BT, Largaespada DA, Steer CJ. DNA methylation of Sleeping Beauty with transposition into the mouse genome. Genes to Cells, 10:763-776, 2005.
- Yin W, Kren BT, Steer CJ. Site-specific base changes in the coding or promoter region of the human ?- and ?-globin genes by single-stranded oligonucleotides. Biochem J, 390:253-261, 2005.