Amir Moheet, MBBS
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Fairview Maple Grove Medical Center
Dow Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan (MBBS)
State University of New York, at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY (Internal Medicine)
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN (Endocrinology)
Dr. Amir Moheet graduated from Dow Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan. He completed his Internal Medicine residency training and chief resident year at State University of New York at Buffalo, NY. He completed his Endocrinology fellowship from University of Minnesota in 2012. Dr. Moheet is currently an Assistant Professor in Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at University of Minnesota. His research is focused on examining the effects of diabetes and its complications on brain metabolism, structure and function.
Effects of diabetes and its complications on brain metabolism, structure and function.
- Moheet A, Emir UE, Terpstra M, Kumar A, Eberly LE, Seaquist ER, Oz G. Initial experience with seven tesla magnetic resonance spectroscopy of hypothalamic GABA during hyperinsulinemic euglycemia and hypoglycemia in healthy humans. Magn Reson Med. 2013 Feb 19. doi: 10.1002/mrm.24663. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 23423963; PMCID: PMC3665652
- Moheet A, Seaquist ER. Hypoglycemia as a driver of cardiovascular risk in diabetes. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2013 Sep;15(9):351. PMID:23881546; PMCID: PMC3743541
- Mangia S, Kumar AF, Moheet AA, Roberts RJ, Eberly LE, Seaquist ER, Tká? I. Neurochemical profile of patients with type 1 diabetes measured by ¹H-MRS at 4 T. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2013 May;33(5):754-9. PMID: 23403373; PMCID: PMC3652707
- Moheet A, Seaquist ER: Diabetes and the Brain – an overview of existing knowledge and discussions and implications for the future. US Endocrinology 6:28-32, 2010. PMID, PMCID not listed.
- Moheet A, Seaquist ER: Cerebral structural and functional changes in patients with type 2 diabetes. Treatment Strategies – Diabetes 3: 58-61, 2011. PMID: 20467409.